Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rites of Passage

Life is full of rites of passage. Your first date. Your first job interview. Your admission to college. Just to name a few.... =)

Today my daughter experienced one of her first rites of passage- her Kindergarten registration. She answered questions/performed tasks that will help establish her place in her academic career. I was so excited for her. She smiled, answered and charmed her way through the intricate performance assessing maze. She emerged from her first academic quest with a smile that radiated from her little angelic face. I was so proud.

In reality this feat will have little impact on her life as a whole. Yet, a rite of passage was completed today without the accolades that it heralded. So, here I am, a proud mother, and I want to shout to the heavens that I am soooooo proud of my little girl and I look forward to the many other rites that she will embark upon in her marvelous life.

1 comment: