Thursday, March 4, 2010

Remembering

As the house trembles to the rumbling of the thunder I remember how as I child I would sit huddled under grandma's aftgan and count the seconds until the lightening would flash and light up the window. I would be warm in my little self-imposed cocoon and feel safe and loved. Outside the violent storm would fill the landscape, but I just felt the excitement of it all.

My eldest daughter's eyes grew wide with astonishment when I told her to hold very still during the storm.
"If you hold very still, you may feel the house move when the storm thunders."
She thought this was hilarious and a bit daunting.
"Just listen."
At the next sound of thunder she shakes her body. Maybe she is too young to appreciate the magnitude and wonder of a thunder storm...

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely little snapshot. I can totally see that interaction. :)

    ReplyDelete