Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life's A Bowl of Lucky Charms

This morning my husband woke me up by bringing me a cup of coffee. I heard him put it on the nightstand and then begin his shaving preparation. I just wasn't ready to open my eyes yet.

I knew that I needed to open my eyes, but I was still caught in the state of semi-wakefulness. My eyes began to open and close rapidly like the flutter of a hummingbird wings. As I am having rapid fire eyesight, I hear the pitter patter of little feet coming down the hallway- in walks Shaely with a bowl of Lucky Charms in her hands (sans milk so she can sit with it on the couch and watch Mickey Mouse). She proceeds to chat away to my husband as he shaves.

By this point I am fully awake and watching her. It is amazing that she can be this alert and animated at this time in the morning. Suddenly my husband stops his shaving and realizes that she has cereal. When asked where she got it, Shaely states that she got it herself. I sleepily inform Brian that she pours her own cereal (without milk) all the time. She is getting to be a big girl! Shaely grins at him and leaves the room. Shaely's footsteps echo down the hallway as she heads out to watch TV. For such a little thing, she sure can make a lot of noise.

Now Brinly enters with brush and ponytail holder in hand. I still do not understand why my child insists on wearing her hair in a ponytail everyday. This has become a daily ritual. I sit up and take a sip of coffee and then brush her beautiful honey brown hair into a high pony placed firmly in the middle of her flat spot.

Once again the pitter patter of little feet can be heard coming down the hallway. Shaely comes in, once again with a bowl in her hands. This time she hands the bowl to me and with a huge grin spread across her face says, "Mommy, I made you breakfast in bed. But.... I left out the milk so you don't spill it in bed."

This morning my life is a bowl of Lucky Charms. Aren't I lucky? I think so!


2 comments:

  1. Awww. That sounds like such a nice morning! Breakfast delivered by cute munchkin! Beats the oatmeal I made a bit ago to eat at my desk....

    :)

    ReplyDelete