Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Power of an Accessory

While at work the other day I had a sudden epiphany. As I folded, straightened and sighed my coworker stopped and looked at me. With a smile she said,"You look really nice today." After my thank you response we continued on with our work and helping of customers.
A few hours later another coworker came in to work. We chatted away happily amongst the sale items and such. Suddenly she too stops and asks if I am going somewhere special. Upon my negative reply she states that I am dressed up. I look down at my attire. I really don't notice anything vastly different. Khaki capris- check. Blue nice t-shirt- check. Cute wedge flip flops- check. So okay, I look nice, but something has to be different. Then I feel it; the extra weight around my neck....the clunky blue stone necklace I bought years ago at Lane Bryant. I had added it on a whim today, feeling like a little something different.
Obviously the difference was vast. I had not only one, but two people comment. The power of the accessory is great. So, my advice to you is that if you want to add a little spring to your step, a little zing to your zang, a little extra something..... invest in accessories. They can make the common seem uncommon.

1 comment:

  1. I like accessories. Especially when they are a hot man holding my hand.

    ReplyDelete