Friday, July 2, 2010

car shopping

So, we have been shopping for a new car. Can I just tell you how much car shopping sucks? Well, it does. As my sister commented, it is worse than bathing suit and jean shopping rolled into one. Seriously, there are so many different options. There is make, model, year and then there are all the little options! I haven't even broached the price.

As soon as you arrive in the lot, the salesmen are :
"I will give you a great deal."
"Just let me work with some numbers."
"I will give you top dollar on your trade in."
"Not a problem."
"We can do that for you."
They don't mention that they don't really have the clout. They rope you in and then hand you off to the head honcho. One place took off a mere $100. Most places took off a few hundred. Then you feel the pressure and the feeling of "Oh crap- if I don't buy it now, someone else will. What if this is the car I need? What if???" Then when you do decide to go home and think about it they sell the car to someone else. OR they tell you they have a specific car on the lot and you drive 45 minutes to see it and they miraculously "sold it" while you were in transit. Aghhhh!

OK- that is merely the tip of the oh shit car shopping iceberg.

So we may or may not get a new car tomorrow. We have been looking for about a week and a half.... hopefully we get a new one soon. I really hate car shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment