Monday, May 17, 2010

Got carried away

So, I have learned that I shouldn't write while I am in a bad mood. I tend to be a little wordy when writing, putting emotion and power behind words unnecessarily. Add on to all this emotion the fact that my 5 year old was nagging constantly that she was hungry. (She had just eaten an enormous amount at breakfast... go figure.) While it is totally true that I need to get healthy and lose some weight, I do not feel like it is the end of the world by any means. I was channeling anger directed at myself (I tried on an outfit and it looked terrible.) and I was upset for someone very close to me. All those feelings combined and circled around inside me. They needed an outlet so I sat down and wrote.

Writing things down can be a wonderful avenue for venting frustrations, anger, happiness,love or sadness. Writing is an awesome way to express emotions. Sometimes I can get so wrapped up in the way the words and meanings flow together that I lose sight of its purpose. Does that make sense? I have such hopes and dreams of finally writing and being creative. I think I can get carried away.

So, my goal for this week is to start concentrating on my writing. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to lose a pound or two along the way... =)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I am so stinking excited to see you start writing!!! I'm always here if you need someone to bounce ideas off of. I'm pretty good and brainstorming ideas as well. Woot!

    ReplyDelete